Monday, September 30, 2013

Chocolate Covered Banana Bites ~ Halloween Edition! *Toddler Favorite*

The other day I got a serious craving for chocolate covered bananas, and it got me thinking how I could make them more festive and fun! I first decided I would make them into bite size pieces so my daughter could enjoy them, and then I decided to add some fun Halloween decorations and colors. These were super easy and only took me about 20 minutes to make. These would be super fun for a party or just to make an everyday snack for your toddler more fun :)

I only made enough for me and my daughter to enjoy so adjust the ingredient levels to fit your needs!

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 2 palm fulls of meltable chocolate (I used a palm full of each black and green, that I got at Wal-Mart in the Halloween aisle)
  •  Halloween Sprinkles 
  • Toothpicks (I used the kind that only have 1 pointy end and a stub end, to ensure no one got stabbed when eating these ;)
Method:
  • Cut your banana into chunks
  • Place the pointy side of toothpick into banana and place on parchment paper
  • Melt your first batch of chocolate according to the package directions
  • Place chocolate into a ziploc bag and snip a small hole in one end (chocolate should be soft and fully melted but not liquid)
  • Pipe chocolate over banana chunks
  • Melt second batch of chocoalte and repeat the same steps
  • Add your sprinkles
  • Let the chocolate harden (about 5-10 minutes)
And you're done! You could also put these in the freezer but if you do that, make sure to serve them immediately after you take them out of the freezer.













These are such a fun treat for Halloween, I hope you enjoy! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs