Sunday, July 20, 2014

2 ingredient Banana bread pancakes!

So last night I was having a major craving for pancakes. It was 11pm and Aaron was at work, both kids were sleeping and I had no pancake mix! So I scavenged my pantry for something, anything that would make my pancakes and I didn't even have all the ingredients to do made from scratch pancakes. Well I came across this little package of banana walnut muffin mix that I use to make Jade mini muffins that cost about .98 cents at Walmart (instead of buying those tiny muffins already made for over$5!) so I had the idea to just use that for pancakes. It worked, and it was soooooo good!

You will need:

  • One package of banana walnut muffin mix
  • 1 cup of water
Optional for topping:
  • Cinnamon
  • Banana
This will literally only take you maybe 5 minutes from start to finish (including cooking time!)

  1. Take your mix and all you have to do is add water and stir it up!
  2. Grease your skillet or griddle, use about 1/3 c of mix and cook on each side for 1-2 minutes
  3. Stack them, add any toppings you like (I used banana, butter and cinnamon because I had no syrup!)





And this is what you have!



This recipe using one muffin mix yielded 6 larger size pancakes, enough for 2 adults I would say. 
While I love making scratch home made banana bread (one of my favorite things to bake!) this was super fast, super easy, super cheap and it tasted really really good! This would be perfect for Sunday morning pancake breakfast, if you're looking to jazz up your pancakes really easily this is perfect!

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs