Sunday, January 19, 2014

Healthy zucchini pasta!

This year I have made it a priority to start living a healthier lifestyle. I love pasta and it's one of the things I miss eating the most, so I decided to try this new thing I've been seeing everywhere "zoodles" and I love it! While most of the things I've read on how to make zucchini noodles include using a vegetable spiralizer which I don't have (and can only be ordered online for upwards of $40!) I came up with some other ways to do it. The first is a julienne peeler (like a vegetable peeler but with sharp "teeth") and more recently I found a mandolin that has a julienne slicer attachment, so easy! The peeler worked good but it took quite a bit of time and patience to get the "noodles", the mandolin was super quick and easy less than 2 minutes to do 2 squashes so I'll definitely be using that from now on!

The peeler cost $3 at Wal-Mart and the mandolin cost $10 at Wal-mart both can be found in the kitchen gadgets section :)

On to the recipe!

Zucchini "noodle" pasta!

Ingredients:
  1. Zucchini/Squash (2)
  2. 3/4 cup of sauce of your choice
  3. 1/4 cup lean ground turkey
  4. 2 tbsp parm cheese

Method:
  1. Brown turkey meat 
  2. Prep your veggies
  3. Toss veggies and sauce in with turkey meat on medium heat until sauce is warm. (You don't want to cook the veggies just warm it up a little)
  4. Plate and top with cheese!
Voila! You're done super quick and easy!

This recipe is for 1 serving, and is only 340 calories! You could leave the veggies all raw (which I also like) but this time I tossed them in with the sauce to warm up just a bit :) Hope you enjoy!




I will be posting more about my weightless journey once I have my monthly weigh in, and will also be sharing healthy recipes :) Here's to a happier healthier 2014!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs